CAVU Designwerks is a global provider of amusement attractions to the theme park industry. Our name refers to an aeronautical term – Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited. CAVU takes a blue sky approach to identifying our customer’s objectives with unclouded vision. Though CAVU is a young organization, our industry experience exceeds 100+ years. You’ll be part of a small team having a big impact in the attractions industry. CAVU offers an environment where you will learn from true innovators and your work will be recognized. If this describes the next opportunity you are seeking please read on…
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our team, the Project Manager will have overall management responsibility for one of CAVU’s projects (5M – 35M), serving as the point-person for on time, on quality and within budget delivery of the attraction.
What does CAVU offer?
You’ll be part of a small team making a big impact in the attractions industry. CAVU offers an environment where you will learn from true innovators, make your mark, and know that your work will be recognized
What do you bring:
You bring a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience as a Project Manager, responsible for projects of similar size, nature and scope. You also bring an engineering degree, mechanical preferred, with knowledge of electrical engineering; or electrical engineering degree with strong knowledge of mechanical systems; master’s engineering degree preferred.
Our ideal candidate has experience in the design, specification, implementation, testing and commissioning of industrial systems; superb scheduling and organizational skills (MS Project or similar preferred); and an ability to travel globally (no travel restrictions). While not absolutely necessary, we would prefer that you bring related experience within the amusement industry.
Who are you?
You pride yourself on being a forward-thinking project manager possessing a strong engineering background in order to review technical specifications. You are highly organized, committed to quality work and unflappable under pressure. You always keep your client’s needs, concerns and goals in mind as you work with the technical team to complete projects. You go the extra mile to ensure your clients are kept informed and up-to-date on the project status.
If we have just described you to a ‘t’, then we encourage you to consider this rare opportunity with a truly unique world-class company within the theme park industry.
More about your role:
- Manage the project contract including negotiation of change orders and scope changes to contract completion documented by completed commissioning to the client’s satisfaction
- Maintaining excellent records
- Assist with and oversee the processes of bidding, designing, manufacturing, testing, shipping, and commissioning of the attraction
- Generate Scope of Work documents, delivery schedules and work with the company management team to generate subcontracts for vendors
- Ensure full and continuous understanding of the Scope of Work (SOW), commercial terms, and schedule
- Ensure project meets or exceeds industry standards for safety and operations
- Review Vendor-provided design review documents
- Achieve project timelines, ensuring the quality commitments and financial management is within the scope of expectations for delivery
- Maintain positive, lasting relationship(s) with clients
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and salary expectations clearly indicating exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position. Applications are welcomed until November 30, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.