We are looking for a talented Project Engineer to join CAVU Designwerks growing team in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in mechanical applications engineering preferably related to amusement ride machinery. Knowledge of control systems, power distribution, electrical systems, motors and motor control systems, is required.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Prepare and present reports, calculations, drawings, and other supporting documentation to client
- Create, review, and approve fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, and other technical documentation
- Develop performance goals and delivery criteria for major components of the attraction
- Oversee domestic and international design reviews between various groups of people from owners to front line employees with skill sets from experienced technical professionals to non-technical individuals
- Experienced in Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Strong expediting and project management skills
- Motivated team player
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Review Mechanical System Designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Review Engineering Drawings
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project administration team
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion
- Must be willing to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment.
The candidate must possess the following at a minimum:
- 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager
- 4 years’ experience within the Amusement Industry
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Ability to travel globally (no travel restrictions)
- Strong communications skills
- Strong scheduling and Organizational Skills (MS Project or similar preferred)
- Willing to work/live in Victoria, BC area
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Please submit your application online. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.